Where is the Best Place to Trade in a Car?
If you value your time and energy, a dealership is the best place to trade-in your car, by far. But why? Some drivers think that it’s possible to make more money by finding a private buyer, but even in the best cases, this process takes a lot of time. On the other hand, some are tempted by online services that promise an instant offer. Don’t take the bait. You can maximize your return with an in-person inspection.
Benefits of Trading In Your Vehicle at a Dealership
Preparing your car for a dealership’s inspection can be a nerve-wracking experience, but it doesn’t have to be. Once you’ve seen the benefits, you’ll understand why it just makes sense to value your trade-in here:
- Maximize Your Return: We know that our customers do their research, so we always make fair offers based on current market values. Unlike national chains, we understand local demand, and we know how much your vehicle is really worth!
- Rapid Inspections: Your in-person inspection may take an hour or less, and in most cases, we’ll be able to make you a firm offer on the same day. By contrast, selling your vehicle privately can take months or even weeks.
- Find Your New Vehicle Without Delays: If you want to shop for a new vehicle while your car is being inspected, you’re more than welcome to do so! You could even take your test drive while your vehicle is in the shop, and leave with a new ride that you love in less than an afternoon’s time.
Ultimately, trading in your vehicle with a dealership offers you the best balance of accuracy, time savings, and convenience. Many dealerships even offer upgrade programs that can make the next steps even easier!
If you’re located anywhere near San Jose or Sunnyvale, find out how much you can expect to receive with our easy-to-use online trade-in valuation form.
Trading in a Car: How Does It Work?
After you’ve gotten an estimate of your trade-in’s true value online, the next steps are as simple as one, two, three! Do your research and explore other online services to make sure that you’re getting a good price. When you’re ready, take the next steps with our team:
- Contact us to schedule your appraisal. Although you don’t need to make an appointment, doing so will help you save time at the dealership.
- Our inspector will look over your vehicle to determine its condition and history. Cleaning up your vehicle and making minor repairs in advance may be in your best interest, but major repairs may not benefit your bottom line.
- Use your research—and any previous offers you’ve received—in order to negotiate your final price.
- Complete the trade-in, walk out with cash in hand, or put the money you’ve received toward your next new or pre-owned vehicle.
Bring In Your Vehicle For an Appraisal at Victory Honda of Morgan Hill!
We want you to have more fun on the roads of Watsonville and Morgan Hill, and we want to buy your used car! You might be surprised to find out how much money you could receive, and moreover, our current new vehicle specials make it very easy to save.
More from Victory Honda of Morgan Hill
The combination of food, fun, and friends in a stadium parking lot before football games big or small is only made better by including the right pickup truck or SUV perfect for the party. They say everyone loves a parade, and maybe that is true. But who doesn’t love a tailgate? As classic fall…
Did you know that the Honda CR-V is America’s best-selling SUV in the past 25 (!) years? It’s true. The Honda CR-V continues to outperform, outlast, and out-class the competition. With the 6th generation 2023 CR-V, Honda raises the stakes again. It has a new rugged and sophisticated design, a more advanced 4th generation…
Let’s explore the total cost of ownership of a vehicle. Understanding the expense of buying a car can be a freeing feeling. It gives you confidence in your decisions. There are many ways to calculate your total cost of ownership, and there is not a one size fits all calculation. You must tailor it to…