National Teen Driver Safety Week
Did you know that this week is National Teen Driver Safety Week?
October 17-23, 2021.
We are using this week as a reminder to talk to our teenage children about the importance of staying safe behind the wheel. While these are important conversations to have every week, this week we are being sure to pay close attention to this important matter. We think you should too!
The United States Department of Transportation has some excellent resources for you and your teens to review together. We will be using them in-dealership as we work with our teenage customers and their parents, too!
Some facts about Teen Driver Fatalities:
- Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for teens (15-18 years old) in the United States.
- In 2019, there were 2,042 people killed in crashes involving a teen driver, of which 628 deaths were the teen driver.
- Parents can be the biggest influencers on teens’ choices behind the wheel if they take the time to talk with their teens about some of the biggest driving risks.
Which Car Should My Teen Be Driving?
Every parent wants their teen to be driving a safe, reliable vehicle. We proudly stand behind every used car we sell. In fact, only 35% of the cars we inspect make it through our rigorous safety inspection and are available for sale at our dealership. We believe in providing you with an excellent vehicle whether it is for you or your teen. In addition, we back it up with a complimentary 90-Day warranty and 2 years of complimentary maintenance through our exclusive Car Doc program.
IIHS put together an excellent list of the top safest vehicles for teens.
We proudly sell a number of these vehicles! Browse our Best Choices for teens here >
How Can I Ensure My Teen Is Safe While Driving?
We get questions like this all the time. Luckily, there are technologies on the market that allow you, as a parent, to stay in-the-know while your teen is on the road. Ever wonder if they made it to practice or their friends house safely? We include a cutting edge technology in all our cars called ELO. Get smart alerts from the ELO device about:
- Speed & Driving Alerts
- Mobile App & Desktop Access
- Battery & Fuel Levels
- Maintenance Reminders
- Access to Open Recalls
- Movement Alerts for Parked Vehicles
- Geofencing & Virtual Perimeters