How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
As far as getting rid of a car goes, there’s a few routes one can take. Two such routes are the private sale of the vehicle, or selling the car to a dealership like Victory Honda of Morgan Hill. We’re going to cover the basics of how to sell a car at a dealership today, and by the end of this quick read we think you’ll agree that selling at a dealership vs. a private seller is a great way to go for drivers in the Morgan Hill area!
Not only is selling your car to a dealership a safer and more secure transaction, it will help you save money on your next vehicle purchase! Of course, we’re always looking for cars to buy, so if you’re not planning on buying a new car for yourself, consider the dealership sale option regardless! We even make it easy to value your vehicle online!
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
Selling your car to a dealership might sound like an intimidating task, but it really isn’t! At Victory Honda of Morgan Hill, just a short drive from San Jose, we pride ourselves on making every customer interaction smooth and transparent, and that includes us buying your vehicle! Check out these handy tips for getting ready to sell your car to a dealership:
- Clean Up Your Car: First impressions matter! Bringing a cleaned up or even detailed vehicle for sale will boost value to some degree.
- Write Down the Benefits Of Your Car: If your vehicle has a good record of service and maintenance, be sure to highlight that!
- Have Your Car’s Title on Hand: Having your vehicle’s title ready when you sell it will save time on the dealer’s end and get you your offer faster.
- Research Your Car’s Value: You can use the vehicle value estimate tool on our website to help research your car’s value! There’s also other services, such as Kelly Blue Book.
What to Expect When Selling to a Dealership
After preparing your car for sale, you can expect the rest of the process to go smoothly in the hands of our expert team! Here’s what you may want to note about the process:
- Make an Appointment: We welcome walk-ins, by all means! But it is a smart move to make an appointment, that way we can make sure someone is available to work with you. You can contact us to make an appointment now!
- Work With a Manager: We’ll introduce you to our used car intake manager, who will gather your information— and in most cases, be the one to perform the initial inspection of your vehicle.
- Consider the Offer: After the manager presents you with an offer, you can accept it and sign the paperwork or go to another dealership to see if you can get a better offer, that’s your choice as a shopper!
Benefits of Selling Your Car to a Dealership
Now that you know how to sell a car at a dealership, let’s go over some benefits of doing so:
- Save Time & Avoid Hassles: Selling your car at a dealership is faster, safer, and certainly less of a hassle when you work with Victory Honda of Morgan Hill!
- Save on Your Taxes: When you trade-in your current vehicle and purchase another vehicle, you only pay the sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new car.
- Lower Your New Car Price: Using your vehicle as a trade-in allows you to apply your current vehicle’s value towards your new car.
Let Us Buy Your Car Today!
As you now know, trading in or selling your vehicle to a dealership is an excellent way to save money on your next vehicle purchase, or just put some extra cash back into your bank account. If you’re looking to transition into a new vehicle while saving as much as possible, check out our listings of vehicles priced under 10k and combine those fantastic savings with your trade in! Not looking to buy right now – that’s okay! Contact our finance team to get the sale of your old vehicle started today!
More from Victory Honda of Morgan Hill
How To Finance A Car
Financing a car is a process that many people go through in their lifetime, whether it’s their first car or their tenth. However, it can be a daunting task, especially if you are not familiar with the process. In this blog, we will go over the basics of how to finance a car. Firstly, it’s…
Getting Your Vehicle Smog Checked
Getting your vehicle smog checked at a car dealership is a crucial part of owning a car. Smog checks are required by law to make sure that vehicles are running efficiently and that they meet certain emissions standards. This helps to reduce the amount of air pollution caused by vehicles and keep the environment clean….
Can I Sell My Car To A Dealership?
Yes, you can sell your car to a dealership. In fact, selling your car to a dealership is one of the most convenient and straightforward ways to sell a used car. Dealerships typically have a process in place for purchasing used cars, and they may be interested in buying your car even if you’re not…